Level-up Your Lead Nurturing
Benefits of setting up a quality lead nurturing campaign.
Regular interaction with potential customers builds trust and a connection with your brand.
It helps inform potential customers about your products or services, addressing their needs and questions.
Nurtured leads are more likely to buy from you because they understand and trust your brand better.
Enhances Customer Experience
Consistent engagement improves the overall experience, leading to higher satisfaction.
Reduces Loss of Leads
Keeping in touch with leads prevents them from losing interest or going to competitors.
Makes Sales More Efficient
It ensures sales efforts are focused on the most interested and ready leads.
In short, lead nurturing is key to converting more leads into customers and building long-term relationships with them.
Setup Accounts For Automations
(if your ads don’t already feed into MailChimp)
The first thing is to set up automations. You have a process that you’re working. It’s time to optimize it by making it work automatically for you.
We use Zapier to send Facebook leads to multiple places at once and to trigger other events in our nurturing queue.
Zapier is simple and easy to use. A “Zap” is an automation. It requires a trigger and a follow-up action to be taken once that trigger is pulled. This is the connection piece between two other apps.
Zapier has 5,000+ apps that can be triggered. A great resource to begin learning about how to zap is at help.zapier.com.
The Set Up
Create a group for your leads depending on what funnel they came from. That way you can control which email flow they get.
- Audiences > All contacts > Manage contacts > Groups > Create a Group
Let’s add your Facebook leads to your MailChimp list.
1. In the top right, select +Create and choose “meta ads” as the trigger.
- You’ll need to add your Facebook account, select a page, and then select lead form.
2. Select an action — start with the Mailchimp app.
- Under “when this happens”, choose “new lead”
- Under “then do this”, choose “Add/update subscriber”
- After signing into/connecting your Mailchimp account, you’ll need to choose the group you created earlier for the trigger.
- Fill out the remaining fields (like the email, etc.) collected from Facebook ads.
3. You can add as many steps to Zaps as you’d like. For instance, that same info (contact info from the lead form on Facebook) can be sent anywhere, including Pipedrive, or even to SimpleTexting to send an SMS.
4. If you used the Thank You Model, you’ll need to connect your form to Zapier instead of Facebook for the trigger.
- You can do that easily with the Webflow app on Zapier and Squarespace. (WordPress is a little more complicated and depends on the plugin you use for your form. Most likely will need whoever built your site to connect it to Zapier).
1. In Mailchimp, set up a Journey,
- On the left, click “Journeys”.
- This is an automated flow of emails or SMS.
2. Create a new flow
- After naming it, click “Choose a starting point” and “Choose contact activity”
3. Select “Joins audience group”
4. You can start adding “Journey Points” (steps in the journey)
5. The first journey point should be an email delivering the lead magnet they clicked the ad for.
6. The next journey point should be “time delay”
- This adds a calculated time between your emails
7. Other journey items help you further segment your audience based on their actions in the flow, like opening an email, etc.
The best timing when you build your nurturing flow is a 30 to 90-day campaign. But don’t worry, AI can do most of the work here.
Here’s an example of what I mean… this is how we set up nurturing campaigns for our customers:
1. 0 Days
- Satisfy the immediate desire. Send them the lead magnet right away
- Never let them download directly from the site. They need to download it via the email you send. This ensures your emails will stay out of their spam folder.
2. The rest of the emails
- Schedule to be sent daily
- Each email should clearly cover a pain point your audience feels by providing advice to help them overcome it
- ***These pain points should relate to your product
- At the bottom of each email, add a CTA (call-to-action) section with a header based on the dream outcome they’re getting by using your product.
- Add a short paragraph and a button to your Thank You page or website homepage.
- Note: the last email in this queue should be a direct pitch for your product.
***Tip: email titles are key and will make or break your open rate (the percentage rate at which emails are opened).
Just like your hook, you’ll need to get good at writing great email titles. This requires keeping track of what people open and what they don’t.
I often use titles like “re: you’re not going to like this” or “[Marketing team] this isn’t working”. Get creative. Remember you’re competing with billion-dollar companies.
Focusing titles on results is an effective strategy. For example: “[company name] sales pipeline is FULL!” or “$100,000 in the bank?”
Generate email campaign with AI
Use ChatGPT to generate the email topics and titles, “generate 60 email ideas for a nurturing campaign to [audience] using pain points like [pain points from previous steps]. Write the email title and next to it the pain point and topic of the email. ”
Copy/paste these into a doc and review or edit them to be a little catchier.
Then paste them one by one into ChatGPT “Write an email about [topic idea from above] with [title] that helps the reader solve [painpoint].”
Set up a template and start migrating the copy
Inside mailchimp go to content > templates and create a good template for your email (emails that look like a conversation perform the best.)
Don’t forget to add your CTA at the bottom of the template.
Then after creating your Journey from above, start adding journey points to send an email, copy-paste the title, choose your template, and copy-paste the generated body.
Optimizing your lead nurturing process with advanced strategies like automations and targeted email campaigns can significantly enhance your marketing efforts. By integrating tools like Zapier and Mailchimp, you can streamline the flow of leads, ensuring each one receives personalized attention through carefully crafted email journeys.
This approach not only saves time but also increases the effectiveness of your outreach, leading to higher engagement and conversion rates. Remember, the key to successful lead nurturing lies in understanding your audience's needs and continuously refining your strategies to meet them effectively.
Subscribe to Marketing.Biz
Sign up to our newsletters and we'll keep sending free marketing resources.