Networking Quotes for Business Owners & Entrepreneurs to Help You Connect
As business owners and entrepreneurs, nothing ignites inspiration and motivates action quite like business networking quotes.
These snippets of wisdom, woven with insight and experience, can guide your networking efforts, infuse your social media posts with relevance, and spark motivation when you need it most.
In this article, we’re sharing our favorite quotes about networking to help illustrate its importance and inspire you to do it a little more in your business. But first, let’s take a brief look at what networking is and why it’s important in the first place. (Don’t need the intro? Feel free to scroll straight to the networking quotes).
What is Networking?
Networking, in essence, is the process of creating and nurturing relationships with others. It’s not about immediate gain. Instead, it’s about building bridges, establishing rapport, and fostering connections that could become significant for your business in the future.
Some examples of business networking include:
- Going to networking events
- Joining clubs
- Socializing and connecting with others online
- Joining groups of other entrepreneurs in your community
- Socializing with people around shared interests
- Keeping in touch with former colleagues and classmates
- Public speaking at events in your industry
- Attending industry-relevant training
- And more
In short – networking is just talking to people and making meaningful connections. That’s why every quote in networking and about networking you encounter will underline this essential concept – networking is a vital tool that entrepreneurs and business owners can harness to take their business to the next level.
What is the Power of Networking?
Networking creates opportunities. Through connections, you can access resources, knowledge, and partnerships that might otherwise be out of reach. It’s why 79% of professionals believe networking is vital for success.
Think about it this way – how often have you gotten a customer, employee, or job because of a connection you had? Connections are powerful for business. And networking is how you make those connections.
Moreover, networking provides a terrific ROI. In fact, businesses earn around $12.50 per every dollar they spend on meetings. In other words, networking isn’t something you’re going to want to ignore.
30 Inspirational Networking Quotes
What are some famous quotes about networking? Let’s turn our attention to the wisdom of experts. Here are 30 inspiring networking quotes business owners need to know.
1. “Networking is not about just connecting people. It’s about connecting people with people, people with ideas, and people with opportunities.” – Michele Jennae
This quote underscores the essence of networking. It’s not a one-dimensional process of connecting individuals but a multidimensional one that links ideas, opportunities, and people together, creating a robust and diverse network that’s invaluable for any business owner or entrepreneur.
2. “Opportunities do not float like clouds in the sky. They are attached to people. If you’re looking for an opportunity, you’re really looking for a person.” – Ben Casnocha
Casnocha’s quote poignantly reminds us that opportunities are not impersonal or random occurrences but are intrinsically linked to people. As an entrepreneur, when you build connections, you’re opening doors to potential opportunities that each individual might bring to your business.
3. “Your network is your net worth.” – Porter Gale
Gale’s famous quote (and book title) highlights the tangible value of a robust network. It’s not just about the number of connections you have but the quality and value they add to your business and personal growth.
4. “The richest people in the world look for and build networks, everyone else looks for work.” – Robert Kiyosaki
Kiyosaki stresses the difference between an employee mindset and that of a successful entrepreneur or business owner. Building networks is an active, strategic process that can yield greater long-term returns than simply looking for money-making opportunities.
5. “Networking is an essential part of building wealth.” – Armstrong Williams
Williams hits the nail on the head with this quote. Networking isn’t an optional extra; it’s an essential component of building wealth. Through networking, you access new opportunities, insights, and partnerships that can significantly impact your bottom line.
6. “The currency of real networking is not greed but generosity.” – Keith Ferrazzi
Ferrazzi emphasizes the importance of generosity in networking. Networking isn’t about what you can take from others but what you can give. It’s about helping others and creating value for them, knowing that generosity often comes full circle.
7. “Networking is simply the cultivating of mutually beneficial, give and take, win-win relationships. It works best, however, when emphasizing the ‘give’ part.” – Bob Burg
Like Ferrazzi, Burg promotes the idea of generosity in networking. Successful networking isn’t about self-interest but creating win-win situations where both parties benefit. Remember, the ‘give’ often precedes the ‘take’ in a productive networking relationship.
8. “Networking is the No. 1 unwritten rule of success in business.” – Sallie Krawcheck
Krawcheck makes it clear that networking isn’t just a business strategy; it’s an unwritten rule for success. This means that regardless of your industry or business size, networking is a crucial factor for success that can’t be ignored.
9. “The successful networkers I know, the ones receiving tons of referrals and feeling truly happy about themselves, continually put the other person’s needs ahead of their own.” – Bob Burg
Burg’s quote underscores the importance of empathy and understanding in networking. When you prioritize others’ needs, you’re more likely to establish strong, lasting relationships that can result in more referrals and business opportunities.
10. “The single greatest ‘people skill’ is a highly developed and authentic interest in the other person.” – Bob Burg
Here, Burg suggests that genuine interest in others is the most significant skill for networking. When you show authentic curiosity in others, you create connections more likely to grow into productive business relationships.
11. “Success isn’t about how much money you make; it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” – Michelle Obama
Michelle Obama’s quote reminds us that true success lies in impact, not earnings. As you network, seek to make a positive difference in people’s lives, and success will follow.
12. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
Angelou’s timeless quote applies to networking perfectly. In your interactions, aim to leave a positive, memorable impression that makes people feel valued and appreciated.
13. “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” – Dale Carnegie
Carnegie’s classic advice encourages us to show genuine interest in others. It’s a surefire way to build stronger, more meaningful connections in your networking efforts.
14. “To be successful, you have to be able to relate to people; they have to be satisfied with your personality to be able to do business with you and to build a relationship with mutual trust.” – George Ross
Ross underlines the importance of authenticity and likability in networking. People are more likely to do business with you if they trust you and find you relatable. So, always strive for authenticity in your interactions with others, and it will pay off.
15. “It’s all about people. It’s about networking and being nice to people and not burning any bridges.” – Mike Davidson
Davidson’s quote emphasizes the importance of maintaining positive relationships in your network. Burning bridges can close doors while being nice to people can lead to more opportunities.
16. “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” – African Proverb
This African proverb reflects the long-term value of networking. While you might make quick progress alone, building a network of support and collaboration will create a more sustainable journey.
17. “Succeeding in business is all about making connections. Business is all about personal contact.” – Richard Branson
Branson succinctly captures the essence of business and networking: it’s all about making connections. The more personal contact you have with others, the more opportunities you’ll uncover.
18. “Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don’t.” – Bill Nye
Bill Nye’s quote inspires us to approach networking with curiosity and openness. Every person you meet has the potential to teach you something valuable and open your business to a new world of opportunity.
19. “Effective networking isn’t a result of luck - it requires hard work and persistence.” – Lewis Howes
Howes’ quote highlights the fact that networking requires effort and consistency. It’s not about luck but about strategic and persistent relationship-building.
20. “Relationships are leverage. If you give value to someone else first, you have leverage.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
Vaynerchuk points out the strategic advantage of providing value first in networking. Doing so creates goodwill and leverage that can benefit you later.
21. “The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people.” – Theodore Roosevelt
President Roosevelt’s quote underscores the importance of social skills in networking. Knowing how to get along with people can be a significant factor in your business success and can ultimately serve you if you connect and get along with the right people.
22. “Networking is marketing. Marketing yourself, marketing your uniqueness, marketing what you stand for.” – Christine Lynch
Lynch reminds us that networking is a form of marketing, a way of presenting yourself, your uniqueness, and your values to the world. So, every opportunity to network with someone new provides an opportunity to show yourself to the world.
23. “Strangers are just friends waiting to happen.” – Rod McKuen
McKuen encourages us to see potential friends in every stranger, thus reminding us of the countless networking opportunities surrounding us.
24. “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor Roosevelt’s quote encourages us to focus on discussing ideas rather than people or events. She suggests that innovative thinking and idea generation are characteristics of great minds critical for creating a thriving network.
25. “The way of the world is meeting people through other people.” – Robert Kerrigan
Kerrigan’s quote underlines the importance of connections and networking and highlights how new relationships often form through existing ones, suggesting the value in nurturing and expanding one’s network. Such a network can provide opportunities, insights, and resources that can propel a business forward.
26. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
Helen Keller’s quote emphasizes the power of collaboration and teamwork in business. It’s a reminder that people who build strong teams and vast networks and foster collaborative environments can achieve much more than they could alone.
27. “If people like you, they’ll listen to you, but if they trust you, they’ll do business with you.” – Zig Ziglar
What is the quote from Zig Ziglar? Oh, that’s right! This quote is a powerful reminder of the critical role that trust plays in business relationships and networks. While being liked might lead to attention and engagement, building trust is crucial for establishing strong business relationships. When people trust you, they are more likely to support your business, collaborate with you, and recommend you to others.
28. “Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen. Networking is putting yourself, your potential, and your goals out there.” – Brene Brown
Brown’s quote suggests networking requires courage to show up, be seen, and put yourself out there. This is particularly relevant for anyone afraid to step out of their comfort zones to promote their businesses, seek opportunities, and forge new partnerships.
29. “Giving connects two people, the giver and the receiver, and this connection gives birth to a new sense of belonging.” – Deepak Chopra
Chopra’s quote emphasizes the relationship-building power of giving in the business context. Entrepreneurs and business owners who give in the form of time, resources, or advice build stronger relationships and bigger networks.
30. “The true value of networking doesn’t come from how many people we can meet but rather how many people we can introduce to others.” – Simon Sinek
Sinek’s quote challenges the common notion of networking as merely increasing one’s contacts. Instead, it highlights the importance of connecting with others as a vital aspect of networking. This means expanding your networks and actively facilitating connections among your contacts.
Use Expert Wisdom to Inspire Your Networking
As you’ve seen, many of the above quotes on networking in business encapsulate years of experience and knowledge, providing a valuable resource for entrepreneurs and business owners. They serve as reminders of the true essence of networking and offer practical advice on how to connect effectively.
Take these quotes on business networking to heart, reflect on them, and apply their wisdom to your networking efforts. With time and patience, you should see a positive impact on your business.
Want to receive more insightful content like this? Be sure to sign up for our newsletter below.
Subscribe to Marketing.Biz
Sign up to our newsletters and we'll keep sending free marketing resources.