Do I Actually Need to Publish More Videos on Social Media?
The short answer is yes! The long answer is this article, where I will explore why video content is king and equip you with actionable insights on leveraging this type of content.
Leveraging video on social media isn’t new. The rise started with TikTok and now platforms like Facebook and Instagram have improved their video functionality to keep up. Marketers are currently in an interesting situation where our audience EXPECTS us to publish video content.
Worried that your competitors are rocking video harder than you are? They might be. But not to worry, this article will give you everything you need to know about creating, publishing, and promoting more videos on social media in 2023.
Why Should I Care About Video?
The modern-day consumer expects to learn about your brand via video. With short attention spans becoming more prevalent, video has become the preferred way to digest content.
Video helps move consumers through the funnel from awareness to loyalty. It captures an emotional connection with your audience in a way that the written word can’t do.
Leveraging video isn’t as complicated as you may think. You can record videos for social media with your phone. Nowadays, consumers want authenticity so a super polished video isn’t always what you want to promote.
Social media users share video content more than any other type of content so if you are one of those brands hoping to go viral, you need to leverage video.
Let’s Look at the Data
I can TELL you about video content until I’m blue in the face. But we are marketers, and we need data-driven insights. So, let’s look at the data and I will SHOW you the importance of video.
- 88% of the marketers who utilized video in 2022 report that they will leverage it even more in 2023 (source)
- 95% of marketers say video helps them with brand awareness and 96% report that it helps their audience understand their products or services (source)
- Almost 70% of consumers report that they prefer to learn about a brand through video as opposed to text (source)
- On social, algorithms favor video content (source)
- 84% of consumers say they made a purchase after seeing just one video about a brand (source)
- After watching a brand’s video on social, 65% of people click through to the website (source)
Isn’t that data intriguing!? Now that you’ve realized the importance of video on social, let’s move on with some actionable insights so you can get started.
Elements of a Great Video
To gain conversions from the videos that you post on social media, the videos need to have certain elements.
- It establishes an emotional connection with your audience
- It intrigues your audience and makes them want to learn more about your brand
- It is strong when it comes to the visual appeal and audio quality
- It needs a clear CTA at the end
- It embraces the art of storytelling
The Different Types of Videos for Social
Keep in mind that you want to create videos for each buyer persona as well as each stage in the funnel. Let’s explore the variety of videos you can create.
- Case studies
- Testimonial compilations
- Industry news and updates
- Product demos
- Behind the scenes
Top 5 Tips on Leveraging Video on Social Media
Now that I have given you my brain vomit on all things video, let’s look at some tips so that you get the most out of the videos you share on social.
- Make sure your video can stand up visually as many people watch videos without the sound on. You may want to consider close captioning your videos.
- Focus on humanizing your brand through video. Aim for thought leadership instead of being overly promotional. Don’t alienate your audience by using too many buzzwords and industry jargon, just be human and you’ll find that your videos resonate.
- Utilize the talent you already have. Give your team a little coaching so they are comfortable in front of the camera. Your videos will be more authentic if you include employees at your own brand. You can start with giving them scripts but the ultimate goal is for them to gain confidence and narrate off the cuff.
- Use your videos on paid social. This is a way better use of budget than branded ads. Keep your videos short and sweet and with a clear CTA, and celebrate the new audience members that you earn.
- Don’t only create videos for brand awareness, a lot of brands get hung up on this. Think about your buyer’s journey and create videos for every stage of the funnel.
What You Need to Know About Getting Your Videos Seen
You can create awesome videos but what’s the point if they are not seen?
Promote your videos like you would promote any of your other content assets.
Influencer partnerships are a great way to get your videos seen. They have already engaged audiences with an affinity for your brand. Make sure you give them a CTA and that they tag you when they post your video on their own social channels.
I mentioned paid ads. They are a fantastic way to expand your audience and video consumption. And the beauty of this strategy is that you can experiment with different techniques and audiences and spend as little or as much budget as you want.
Final Thoughts: What Do I Do Now That I Know to Prioritize Video?
I know I threw a lot at you and I hope you’re excited to create more video content for your brand.
Keep in mind that videos should be authentic and if you follow the best practices that I outlined, you’ll be one of the 88% of marketers who believe video fuels their brand.
Do you publish videos on social media for your brand? Share one of your favorite videos you’ve published in the comments below!
Subscribe to Marketing.Biz
Sign up to our newsletters and we'll keep sending free marketing resources.